Strangest facts about water

 Water is the most essential resource in the world. Here are some of the strangest facts about water that will blow your mind away.

1) Antarctica constitutes 90% of fresh water in the world

90% of fresh water is found in Antarctica. Remaining 10% is globally shared.

2) Impurities in the water conduct electricity

Water actuality does not conduct electricity. The impurities present in it does so.

3) 80% of illness is Water-borne

According to the WHO (World Health Organization), 80% of illness is related to water. The so-called drinking water in various countries is not on par with the WHO standards. This is where the importance of filtration comes to play.

4) 68.7% of freshwater is inside glaciers

Around 68.7% of freshwater is trapped inside the glaciers. Thus making it inaccessible to drink.

5) Tasty water is impure

Water in its pure form does not have any taste or smell. Yet if you sense any, then it relates to the additives or impurities added to the supply.

6) Water is the ideal resistance to flu

Water boosts your body’s immune system, to fight the flu and cold during winter.

7) Only 0.003 % of water is drinkable!

Only 0.003% of the water on earth can be consumed without any risk of illness.

8) RO demineralizes water

RO (Reverse Osmosis) demineralizes water to an extent that makes it unfit and unhealthy for consumption. Loss of minerals would lead to a lack of minerals in the body. Which can lead to diseases related to low bone density.

9) 85% of the world population lives in the driest half of the planet

On the other hand, 6 to 8 million people die annually from the consequences of disasters and water-related diseases.

10) More than 2.1 billion people on earth do not get clean water

According to a report by UNICEF and WHO over 2.1 billion people on earth lack access to safe and filtered water. A devastating truth indeed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *