Human body is made up of 70% of water. Every day we lose water through urine, breath and perspiration. Everyone should drink proper amount of water in a daily routine to stay healthy and fresh. Before deciding to drink to more water, we have to understand our body’s fluid needs. 3.7 litres of fluid (15.5 cups) a day for men, 2.7 litres of fluids (11.5 cups) a day for women is the ideal unit to stay healthy and fresh. A pregnant women should drink about 10 cups of water daily. Those who breastfeed need about 12 cups.
There are many tricks to ensure that you drink enough water daily:
- Set a daily goal for drinking water. It helps you to drink more water.
- Set the time in your smart phone or set an alarm to drink water
- Always keep a water bottle with you throughout the day. Water bottle always serves as a reminder to drink more water.
- Choose different ways to consume water. Consume other drinks and fluid sources such as juices, shakes, fruits and vegetables etc. It helps to avoid the monotony of drinking normal water.
- Eat more foods high in water content. Include fruits and vegetables in our daily routine such as water melon, cabbage, honeydew melon, celery etc. as it contain 90% to 96% of water.
- Purifying the tap water helps to improve the taste and odour. Using a water filter is also less expensive and more eco-friendly than purchasing water bottles daily.
- Make it a habit to drink one glass of water, when you wake up in the morning. It is an easy way to boost your water intake. One cup of water in morning makes everyone more energetic and joyful.