Hibiscus Water is regarded as one of the best healthy juice recipes for detox, immune system, and total energy for your body. Make it a habit to drink this juice often for a complete reinvigoration of the body. Let’s find out the recipe of Hibiscus Water.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar cones)
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups dried hibiscus petals
- 6 cups of water
How to make:
- Put six cups of water in a large-size saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, hibiscus petals, and allspice.
- Over medium-low heat, gently simmer till the water has turned a deep red, within about half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Stir into the hibiscus water with the chopped piloncillo till dissolved, then set aside for cooling within fifteen minutes.
- After cooling, strain the warm juice into a pitcher. Squeeze as much juice from the petals as possible, and then discard the petals.
- Stir till the white sugar dissolved, then pour in a sufficient amount of cold water to fill the pitcher.
- Serve right away or allow it to stay overnight for best taste.